backslider n : someone who lapses into previous undesirable patterns of behavior [syn: recidivist, reversionist]
- (UK) /ˈbakslaɪdə/
- (US) /ˈbækslaɪdəɻ/
- A recidivist; one
especially in a religious sense; an apostate.
- 1888, Rudyard Kipling, ‘The Judgement of Dungara’, Black and
White, Folio Society 2004, vol. 1, p. 382:
- At night the Red Elephant Tusk boomed and groaned among the hills, and the faithful waked and said: ‘The God of Things as They Are matures revenge against the backsliders.’
- She married him thinking to change his ways, and for a while he got religion, but he was ever a backslider; she soon began finding bottles stashed about the house.
- 1888, Rudyard Kipling, ‘The Judgement of Dungara’, Black and White, Folio Society 2004, vol. 1, p. 382:
- This article is about the Toadies album. For the article about the cause of car accidents, see motor-vehicle collision.
Rubberneck is the most successful album by the post-grunge band Toadies. It was released in August of 1994 on Interscope Records and attained RIAA gold and platinum status in December 1995 and December 1996 respectively. The album produced the band's most popular single, "Possum Kingdom". The song's master track is featured in the Xbox 360 version of the video game Guitar Hero II.
- Sally Browder - Engineer
- Tom Rothrock - Producer, Engineer
- Rob Schnapf - Producer, Engineer
- Andy Wallace - Mixing
- Howie Weinberg - Mastering
- Eric White - Mixing, Mixing Assistant
- Michael Lavine - Photography